Wednesday, May 19, 2010

New Rifle

So I'm getting ready to purchase a new rifle.  I'm set on going with a Uberti.  They make some real high quality replicas of the old school cowboy rifles, so I'm going to stick with them over Henry.
I'm set on getting a short barrel, aka a carbine, 18-19.5 inches.
I am also going for a full octagonal barrel.
The 45 Long Colt is the caliber I'm going to take.
I'm a fan of the Brass receiver, so I won't compromise on that either.
All of these rifles are between 18-20 inches, so they hold 10+1 rounds of 45 Colt.
There are 3 rifles that I'm torn on currently, so people help me out.  Lnx below.


1860 Henry
This is the first lever action repeating rifle.  The smooth brass looks snazzy, and it weights a little less than the other rifles.  It is actually the most expensive, at  $1329

1866 Yellowboy
This rifle is an advancement on the 1860.  It is loaded from the side as opposed to the bottom, which makes reloading much faster.  Also, there is a wooden fore-end, which not only looks nice, but protects your hands from heat after sustained fire.  $1079

Colt Lightning
This baby is the fastest repeating rifle of its era.  It's pump action, just like shotguns.  Crazy, huh?  I do like the "Case Hardened" receiver, which is more tactical when compared to brass, since it isn't reflective.  "Nothings faster than lightning."  $1179

7 comments:

  1. Hey there Scott... :)
    I would so get the Colt Lightning. That reciever is sweet and I always favor pump action guns myself. Tell us which one you get, too!

    Later~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I actually decided that I will not get any of them. I recently have been presented with a situation, & will not have the money to spend on something of this magnitude. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, bummer! But, now an special investment like this can be saved for later; that's the bright side I think?

    Good playing at softball last night, btw! Our team didn't stand a chance with you out there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah but I can't afford to drop that kind of money till I pay this thing off. There isn't too many bright sides atm.

    Ty, I actually haven't played ball in prolly 7+ years. I played 3 yrs of bball in elementary/middle school. You guys did ok when you had 6 adults consecutively. (cheaters) :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you. Well, except for one thing: Christ in your life. Right, Scott? :)

    Not cheats! lol... I did some sports in elem and HS too, but it's been a while for me too. :P I am thinking it's going to be more fun to be on the teams opposing you, rather than your team, as we both sharpen up. :D Muhahaha...

    Cya Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont really follow... I was sayin there isn't a lot of good things that come out of losing $9000 to the drain. Im not freaking by any means, but it does suck to save up all that money to have it blow away.

    Heh? Are you saying you wouldn't want to be on the winning team? Or that you wouldn't enjoy playing along side me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, oh, sorry; I wasn't understanding what you meant. Yeah, ouch, that must be a little...painful. :-/

    Ha! humm. Winning team... ;) Well, please know this: I'd never not want to play along side of you. You're a blast, Scott, and we would win!
    Also, even if it may look like the opposite sometimes (like I am purposely avoiding you or your questions), I am actually very honored to count you among my friends. :) No worries!

    Now, this little girl must go finish her Western Civ and English Lit courses...see you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Click here to destroy me!